“Exfoliating: You’re doing it wrong and here’s why”
WHAT IS EXFOLIATION?
The term 'exfoliation' is used in the field of cosmetics to mean the removal of the outermost skin cells on the stratum corneum – dead cells that are starting to detach from the surface. The elimination of this layer rich in keratin and melanin helps remove pollutants and dead cells, and so restore correct skin turnover.
This process exposes a new layer of cells: the skin surface regains brightness and softness, while its natural color improves.
EXFOLIATION AND SKIN PROBLEMS
Exfoliation favors the removal of dead skin cells and impurities (make-up, dust and pollution) that tend to build up on the surface of the epidermis, speeding up dehydration and the loss of skin radiance. Exfoliation is recommended for:
- Dry, dull, scaly skin, as improved cell renewal after removing the dead skin cells helps keep the skin soft and hydrated.
- Impure skin or with imperfections, as the removal of dead skin cells helps clear the pores and prevent the appearance of impurities and comedones.
- Aging skin, where the cells remain on the stratum corneum for longer, giving rise to skin opacity.
- Skin suffering from hyperpigmentation due to age or external stimuli (excessive sun exposure, medication, inflammation or pregnancy). The removal of dead skin cells rich in melanin and keratin evens out the color of the skin.
- Scarred skin: the polishing action leaves the skin smoother and more uniform, reducing the depth of scars.
INTRODUCING RESURFACE FACE SOLUTION - With light exfoliating and smoothing ingredients
Our newest exfoliating solution is a mix of Alpha Hydroxy Acids (AHA) that helps eliminate dead skin cells and impurities, stimulate cell turnover and improve skin compactness--for a brighter, more uniform complexion.
- Sensitive, fragile skin are calmed and normalized thanks to the excellent hydration action provided by polysaccharids and alpha hydroxy acids.
- Thickened, acne-prone, congested and seborrheic skins are physiologically re-balanced thanks to the exfoliating, microflora normalizing action of this product. Helps remove dead skin cells.
- Slack, wrinkled, mature and dull skins with age spots and pigmentation imbalances are revived.
YOU EXFOLIATED--NOW WHAT?
What's more, exfoliating treatments facilitate the absorption of any other active principles applied immediately afterward (e.g., moisturizers, nutrients, emollients, depigmentation products or anti-age creams, etc.).
RENEW AND RECONSTRUCT THE SKIN WITH THE RIGHT MOISTURIZER
It is widely demonstrated that imbalances in the skin barrier can be caused by external factors such as excessive sun exposure, skin stress caused by external pollutants, aggressive cosmetics and/or medical beauty treatments (e.g., peeling, dermabrasion or the use of lasers).
Aesthetic dermatology treatments often involve the removal of the uppermost epidermal layers, resulting in a thinning of the stratum corneum and a reduction in the lipid component in the barrier. This causes an increase in TEWL (transepidermal water loss) and the onset of dry and sensitive skin that reacts to external stimuli, resulting in redness, flaking and irritation.
In each case, the various components of the skin barrier need to be restructured, by supplying the epidermis with products that contain the same functional principles as those that the skin cells absorb from the surrounding biological environment: fatty acids, lipid complexes and humectant molecules. In other words, RESURFACE action (epidermal restructuring), which favors the process of skin barrier renewal and reconstruction.
The highest levels of skin regeneration during the 24 hours are recorded at night.
In fact, the skin barrier follows well-defined rhythms: during the day, the skin cells are mainly engaged in defending themselves from the stresses posed by the external environment, such as UV rays, fine dust and jumps in temperature, which generate free radicals.
The mechanisms of cellular regeneration are more effective at night, when they repair the protective barrier and restore the ideal balance.
As we sleep, the epidermis works at full capacity, reaching its peak activity between 3 and 4 in the morning with an increase in the keratinization process. At the same time, dermal restructuring is more stimulated with an increase in the production of collagen and elastin.
INTRODUCING RESURFACE FACE CREAM - NIGHT
Regenerating face cream with a light, non greasy texture that favors the natural overnight cell repair process.
Innovative triple action formulation: activation of epidermal renewal, restructuring of the skin barrier and guaranteed optimal skin hydration.
Contains glycolic acid and malic acid which, when combined with lactobionic acid and gluconolactone, gently exfoliate and polish the surface of the skin, improving the appearance of wrinkles and expression lines. For a visibly brighter, well toned complexion. Ceramides and restructuring ingredients help preserve and protect the epidermis, and restore the damaged skin barrier. Hyaluronic acid, unsaponifiables of olive, wheat and soy, and a mix of skin compatible sugars make for intense hydration.
- Exfoliant action: favors the removal of dead skin cells from the stratum corneum, leaving the skin more even, softer and brighter.
- Improvements in skin smoothness and tone: malic acid polishes the skin and stimulates cell turnover with the result that it improves skin elasticity and minimizes lines and wrinkles on the surface of the skin. It also helps prevent imperfections by removing any sebum blocking the pores.
- Skin hydration: increases water retention in the stratum corneum and so helps the skin to stay hydrated.
THE PERFECT DUO