You, too, can love your skin at every age
Many people, both men and women alike, are of the erroneous impression that beautiful skin is reserved for the young. This could not be further from the truth -- especially when it comes to healthy living and skincare. In fact, these aspirations are within reach of all of us.
We all know that as time passes, the skin's firmness, elasticity and brightness (aka radiance) gradually diminish due to the damaging external effects that our skin faces each day, and it also depletes due to internal factors. As we age, the dermis weakens, and collagen fibers and elastin deteriorate and lose their ability to renew themselves as readily as they did in youth. But this doesn’t mean you have to give up! Instead, it is wise to understand which defensive ingredients your skin needs you to incorporate into your daily routine to combat aging as time marches on.
Hope springs eternal
Dermophisiologique’s skin experts are ready to respond to your skin’s every need from the teenage years to the golden years, and everything in between. For maturing skin, our dermatologists have formulated three highly effective anti-age lines specific to each age group, beginning at age 30.
1] Coēo Line for the busy career and family years (ages 30-40)
Dermo-pH’s Coēo line was specifically designed to treat the first signs of sagging, relaxed skin. It is the perfect plumping formula for those who are beginning to show signs of stress in the face, thanks to all-natural ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid combined with mineral salts, amino acids, vitamins and natural sugars.
2] Aeterna Line for the mature, active years (ages 40 to 50)
The Aeterna line, is ideal for re-sculpting, re-hydrating and re-boosting the skin’s weakening cellular structure as time passes, thanks to Dermo-pH’s exclusively patented Gp4g® complex which is directly extracted from Artemia. You can think of it as having the effect of a natural face lift, without having to have surgery.
3] Control C5 Line for the modern elder, active years (ages 50 and beyond)
The products in Dermo-pH’s Control C5 line are ideal for the mature woman (in age and experience) who is eager to slow down the effect of deep lines and wrinkles. In fact, thanks to the presence of Cyclopeptide-5, with its replenishing, intense restructuring action, this plant-based formulation offers the mature woman a unique opportunity to take years off her visage, for a more youthful, radiant appearance.
The 7 Commandments of healthy skincare for all ages
In addition to selecting the best anti-aging creams on the market for each stage in life, there are a few important tips to keep in mind in order to help give your skin the best chance to fight the effects of aging:
- Sleep: aim to get at least 8 hours a night of proper sleep a night to give your skin a chance to regenerate naturally
- Daily cleansing: to remove all impurities and open pores prior to applying elixirs and creams
- Exfoliate regularly: this helps slough off dead skin and stimulate the production of collagen and elastin
- Protection from the sun: the sun is one of the major causes of skin aging
- Hydrate! Drink plenty of water, at least 64 ounces each day, which helps to promote radiant, youthful skin
- Good nutrition: eat a balanced diet, rich in seasonal fruit and vegetables
- Don’t forget to breathe deeply: True beauty lies within yourself and in the exterior world. Surround yourself with people, nature and things that make you feel beautiful, inside and out, and you will be glowing!